A growing global manufacturer is looking to fill a newly created Financial Analyst position on their US finance team. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience around financial and operational analyses in manufacturing / CPG industry and will be located in one of three US regions: Greater Los Angeles CA, Austin TX, or Charlotte NC.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, This Financial Analyst role will monitor and present business cases that surround pricing and revenues by segment, market expansion, capital investment, product development, and budget performance.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly financial flash and operations dashboards, analyses sales, gross margins, productivity, word order variances, and scrap and key spending categories.
- Analyze inventory reports and data to find trends and improvement opportunities and perform cost analysis by operating unit
- Partner with Finance Manager in preparing monthly management analyses and discussions highlighting key trends, events/anomalies, variance, sales and EBITDA bridge analysis, and high level projections.
- Partner with Finance Manager in preparing quarterly business review forecast and annual budget
- Support ERP and other key project implementations
- Support CFO and Controller in the design and implementation of internal control policies and procedures
- Create and maintain meaningful and automated departmental cost reporting
- Create and maintain price analytics to analyze profitability and perform a comprehensive value-chain analysis
- Ad hoc reporting/projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in finance, accounting, computer science, mathematics, statistics, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of applicable experience in financial analysis, planning, and modeling.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong understanding of cost analysis.
- Degree in finance/accounting preferred.
- Cost accounting background preferred.
- Experience in data aggregation and visualization in tools such as Google Data Studio, Tableau, Alteryx, Power BI, etc. preferred.
- Experience in SQL/other programming language and systems implementations preferred.