We are looking for a dynamic professional to fill the Accounting Manager position with a large, publicly traded corporation in Las Vegas, NV. Reporting to the Director of Accounting, this role will be responsible for operations related expenses, inventory, prepaids, accruals and related general ledger account balances are property stated, supervising month-end closes processes, and internal/external reporting.
- Supervise month-end closing activities, which encompass data validation, preparation, and review of journal entries.
- Review monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and promptly address any outstanding issues.
- Provide oversight for two accounting teams, ensuring they meet deadlines, assisting in issue resolution, and offering feedback and coaching to foster a high-performance culture.
- Develop and implement enhancements to existing policies, procedures, and internal controls to optimize accounting processes.
- Maintain Sarbanes-Oxley compliance by drafting, reviewing, and participating in the audit of SOX narratives. Also, ensure that the accounting teams adhere to approved procedures.
- Identify weaknesses in procedures and internal controls, proposing and implementing solutions.
- Act as a representative for the accounting teams in organizational project teams, involving third-party system initiatives and internal development projects.
- Assist in the annual financial audit by ensuring the timely provision of requested data.
- Oversee the preparation and review of government, internal, and external reports as required.
- Address ad-hoc data requests and inquiries from management and other departments.
- Assist in conducting price and consumption analytics when necessary.
- Ensure that your direct reports understand and apply our Customer Commitment and customer service standards in their daily responsibilities.
- Set an example for the company’s customer service standards in your personal actions and when providing leadership direction.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of five years of related work experience
- A minimum of two years of accounting/finance management experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP.
- Experience with financial process controls (controls development, implementation, and training preferred)
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong applicable software experience in MS Excel and an ERP system (SAP preferred)
- CPA preferred.
Empower JobID 2055