We are seeking a Senior Network Systems Administrator for an award-winning mid-sized R&D company in the business and consumer electronic industry. The ideal Network Systems Administrator will be forward-thinking and share an enthusiasm for deploying best-in-class technology that enables their employees to continue providing an exceptional customer experience. The Network Systems Administrator will work in collaboration with the COO help the company reach its IT and growth goals.
- Design, develop, implement and manage company-wide projects, technical infrastructure, policies and procedures.
- Keep apprised of new infrastructure technologies (cloud, hardware, software, etc.) and make recommendations.
- Create self-service training materials and implement processes to empower users and/or automate repetitive tasks.
- Define & deploy network monitoring solution
- Investigate incidents to identify potential problems and make appropriate recommendations.
- Develop and maintain documentation of implemented solutions.
- Document, implement and enforce procedures to ensure the smooth running of the IT department.
- Procure and track IT assets company-wide.
- Communicate status of IT with executives
- Coordinate schedules, update reports, and perform other administrative responsibilities.
- Assist with helpdesk tickets as needed.
- Create training materials and provide end-user training as needed.
- Create self-service solutions when appropriate.
- Collaboration on information security and business continuity plans.
- Strong Systems background, including Office 365, SharePoint, and Active Directory administration.
- Strong Networking knowledge including VoIP, LAN/WAN, firewalls, routing, and switching.
- Proven experience implementing and maintaining VMWare
- Strong experience administering Windows 2012 (or above) servers.
- Proven track record of managing IT for over 100 users in distributed locations.
- Examples of successful systems migration projects.
- Ability to work with little oversight.
- Strong knowledge of the MS Office Suite and Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.