In your role as the Senior Accountant based at our St Paul, MN facility, you will take on the responsibility of conducting intricate accounting tasks and engaging in financial analysis. Considering our company’s distinctive trajectory of growth, you will play a crucial role in bridging the gap between the accounting and management teams. Your primary responsibilities will involve prioritizing, ensuring, and overseeing adherence to company-wide accounting protocols and processes.
- Upholds the integrity of accounting through meticulous attention to detail and a commitment to recording, verifying, consolidating, and inputting transactions accurately.
- Gathers and records entries for assets, liabilities, revenue, and expenses by analyzing and compiling account information.
- Ensures the accuracy of subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions while promptly resolving any discrepancies.
- Manages the general ledger by transferring data from subsidiary accounts, preparing trial balances, and reconciling entries.
- Produces monthly balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Coordinates the consolidation process for both parent and subsidiary companies.
- Compiles reports for review by management.
- Facilitates external audits by analyzing and reviewing general ledger accounts and providing necessary information to auditors.
- Safeguards the organization’s value by maintaining a high level of confidentiality and trust.
- Regularly updates all procedures as required or on an annual basis.
- Demonstrates adaptability in response to shifting priorities and evolving business needs.
- Collaborates effectively, displaying self-sufficiency with minimal supervision and working well within a team, utilizing strong internal and external communication and conflict-resolution skills.
Required Capabilities & Experience:
- Possesses 3-5+ years of experience in General Accounting.
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Demonstrates proficiency in US GAAP.
- Capable of interpreting financial data in the context of company transactions.
- Exhibits advanced computer skills, particularly in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), with a high level of expertise in Excel, including financial modeling and data extraction/manipulation.
- Has a track record of effectively managing multiple projects, handling competing priorities, and meeting urgent deadlines.
- Has experience championing and enforcing policies related to accounting principles.
- Has a history of driving process improvements and achieving results.
Empower JobID 2033