Senior Tax Accountant
A multi-industry company that provides ample opportunities for career growth and challenging work is seeking a new Senior Corporate Tax Accountant. In summary, this Senior Corporate Tax Accountant will report to the company’s Tax Manager and be responsible for analyzing and preparing tax returns, managing tax functions, and ensuring tax and business compliance for the company while supporting decision-making and performance management through maintaining accurate accounting records and providing financial insights.
- Preparation of Sales and Use Tax, Property Tax, Business License Tax, and Gross Receipts Tax.
- Compiles and analyzes account information to prepare tax-related journal entries.
- Works with external consultants and internal teams to ensure prompt and accurate information requests.
- Accounting, reporting, and control of fixed assets.
- Capitalization policy adherence and forecasting/budgeting for property accounts.
- Supports open audits and researches tax-related issues.
- Month-end close processes, tax calculations, reconciliations, and reporting.
- Ensures compliance with accounting policies and tax accounting guidelines.
- Leads project teams and drives improvements in business processes.
- Understanding and compliance with SOX initiatives.
- Participation in company’s lean practices and initiatives.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance.
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, or Finance with 5 years of Accounting experience (2 years focused on tax compliance)
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office.
- Intermediate experience with SAP Accounting Software.
- Strong general ledger experience with 2 years of practical hands-on accounting and reporting responsibility.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, or Finance with 8 years of Accounting experience (3 years of corporate tax experience).
- CPA, MBA, or Taxation degree.
- Advanced level experience with SAP and SAGE fixed asset systems.
- Knowledge of excise taxes, sales/use taxes, VAT taxes, fixed assets, internal controls, treasury, and cash management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Adaptable to change, self-motivated, and able to handle tasks efficiently under pressure.
- Understanding of internal control environments and SOX reporting requirements.
- Good personal judgment, strategic leadership, and commitment to ethical conduct.