The Transportation Manager will be responsible for the growth and development of driver recruiting and retention, operations, safety, maintenance, and quality. Responsible for achieving the budgeted financial performance and profitable growth while ensuring regulatory compliance, customer service and implementing best practices. Individual will work closely with the VP of operations and a group of cross-functional team members and customers to achieve the goals and plans for growth.
- Manage all aspects of the Transportation Business model, including, directing and monitoring day-to-day operations of dispatch and drivers, maintenance, safety, and compliance
- Manages and holds the dispatch and logistic team employees accountable for achieving agreed-upon commitments for all areas of responsibility
- Driver Management: Including interviewing, hiring, and retention
- Driver Training: including all safety training, equipment training, driver training, process and procedure training, DOT training, OSHA Training, and other industry regulation compliance training on an ongoing basis
- Ensures truck weekly revenue is adequate to achieve target driver pay goals
- Ensures Safety, DOT and other industry regulation compliance
- Equipment delivery route efficiency planning
- Equipment cost control management. Ensures trucks are operating safely and drivers are maximizing drivable hours each week
- Oversee truck maintenance and repair
- Executes the business plan by achieving or exceeding management weekly and monthly goals
- Drives business growth, seeking out new customer opportunities, while leveraging company strengths
- Evaluates existing work processes and implements innovative ways to enhance efficiency and increase productivity
- Excellent internal customer and external customer communications and relationship building skills
- Provides strong leadership and demonstrates a positive attitude to encourage excellent office morale and a positive office culture
- Works closely with the VP of Operations. Effectively collaborates with Executive Management and stays apprised of all matters both internal and external.
- Overall business acumen
- Ability to manage multiple aspects of the business and department
- Adapts to rapid changes in the work environment to meet deadlines while managing difficult situations efficiently
- Proven leadership ability to build and manage an efficient and productive team. Change Management Skills
- Uses time efficiently, prioritizes tasks, solves problems, and develops new procedures if the process is currently failing
- Drives excellence; builds rapport by garnering trust among coworkers; must be a team player and possess a positive disposition
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office)
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Transpiration/Logistics or related field.
- 5 to 10 years of working experience in the carrier industry, including knowledge of trucking operations, DOT, and safety regulations.
- Proven track record and experience managing trucking company P&L with ability to analyze and mitigate cost and drive profitable growth with acceptable returns.
- Ability to build trust with others and has experience recruiting and retaining drivers.