An emerging environmental and civil construction services company is seeking a skilled Payroll Administrator to join their team. Reporting to the Controller, this Payroll Administrator will be responsible for running payrolls for 400+ employees within multiple states in the USA and Canada.
- Process weekly and bi-weekly multi-state and international payrolls for salaried and hourly employees and ensure the overall accuracy of employee data.
- Schedule, prepare, open, balance, audit, close, and finalize all payroll cycles in a team environment.
- Process and peer audit employee payroll data, payments, and hours.
- Verify and reconcile wages and hours from system.
- Calculate and process timecards and corrections.
- System record maintenance including new hire setup, tax form processing, timekeeping input, benefits setup, terminations, garnishments, and other functions.
- Audit off-cycle manual checks.
- Process leaves of absence and terminations with accuracy according to state laws. Understand and minimize penalty pay.
- Process stop payments, reversals, and replacements. Upload related banking files.
- Assist employees and managers with time and attendance issues.
- Conduct research and analysis to assist the department supervisor with special projects.
- Review and respond timely to tickets, telephone calls, e-mails, and mail.
- Administration functions include filing, working reports, record keeping, and communication.
- Establish and Maintain close relationships with HR assisting them with payroll inquiries.
- Interpret payroll policies and procedures to company employees of all levels.
- Establish and maintain corporative team working relationships.
- Research and process uncashed checks for escheatment reporting purposes.
- Minimum of three years’ of payroll experience – within construction industry preferred including Certified Payroll, CA Prevailing Wage, LCP Tracker, DIR, Davis Bacon, etc.
- Strong knowledge of labor compliance – Fringe Benefit Statements, Labor Law Checklists, CAC2, Union Status Letters, DAS140, DAS142
- Payroll software experience – ADP WorkforceNow preferred