We are seeking an experienced Purchasing Manager to handle our growing client’s purchasing activities. The Purchasing Manager’s responsibilities include developing purchasing strategies, maintaining positive relationships with suppliers, coordinating with internal teams regarding their supply needs, and overseeing the daily purchasing activities.
The successful Purchasing Manager should be able to manage and optimize purchasing activities and processes. An outstanding purchasing manager should have excellent leadership abilities and be able to negotiate the best possible deals with suppliers.
Purchasing Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing purchasing strategies.
- Managing daily purchasing activities.
- Managing supplier relations and negotiating contracts, prices, timelines, etc.
- Maintaining the supplier database, purchase records, and related documentation.
- Coordinating with inventory control to determine and manage inventory needs.
- Preparing cost estimates and managing budgets.
- Working to improve purchasing systems and processes.
Purchasing Manager Requirements:
- Degree in business administration or a related field.
- Experience as a purchasing manager or in a similar position.
- Deep knowledge of inventory and supply chain management.
- Domestic and international purchasing experience is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong critical thinking and negotiation skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Some travel may be required.